Classroom & School Visits
Why Author Visits?
Promote a love of reading and writing
- Inspire and encourage creativity through the writing process and storytelling
- Support social-emotional learning with themes on gratitude, mindfulness, and belonging
- Experiential learning and participating in a question & answer period with an actual author
- Compliment the literacy curriculum in a unique and fun way
- Both in-person and virtual sessions offered
Social-Emotional Learning Skills & Love Math Journal
There's no doubt that gratitude has many benefits. But why practice gratitude in math class? Well, because the many benefits of a gratitude practice directly align with what we are instilling in our math students. These include lowering stress and anxiety, and increasing resilience, communication, decision making and problem solving skills. This workshop is based on the Love Math Journal and focuses on areas of Social-Emotional Learning in Math. We walk through the benefits of journaling, affirmations, gratitude, and growth mindset and how applying these to math class will increase student engagement and a love of math.
Gratitude in The Little Things
I will read my children's book "The Little Things: Finding Gratitude in Life's Simple Moments" and do an interactive lesson on gratitude with your students. This session will change depending on the age of students but is ideal for both our youngest learners (K-3 classes) and junior grades 4-6.